18 October 2010

And cue the sun

It's our second full day at Yondah and as with any god holiday I am only just clearing away the cobwebs of sleep at 10:30am after almost 12 hours of sleep. I was crow-barred out of bed by Bec and Jedi both champing to go for a walk; when I finally did muster the fortitude to rise, the sun ducked behind a cloud and sideways sleeting rain took its place. But now, thirty minutes later, the sun has reappeared and a walk beckons.

I imagine today might now be a carbon copy of yesterday, now that it looks like we'll be blessed with sun for most of the day. Yesterday we spent our time either chasing or hiding from the sun - it was bizarre weather, with a cool breeze that was easily defeated by a blazing-hot sun, but the breeze alone was cold. Even the sun became too strong at times, so we moved between decks as needed. At one stage when a balance couldn't be struck, I gave up on the outside world and retired inside with a Pale to watch The A Team, which was ridiculous but fun.

I did get semi-active once during the day, taking my dodgy ankles and toes down the evil goat track to Yondah's private beach with Jedi. He of course had no issue racing down the insane decline and I could see him hunting for a stick while I was still only half way down to him. The water was ice cold but it didn't stop Jedi racing in there to retrieve his stick - although it didn't take him long to work out that the tide would do half his work for him. The cold, salty water somehow also helped relieve the pain in my feet so we ended up staying until the tide began threatening my bag of valuable electronics (of course I had to take the video camera to record Jedi's frolics; I would include one here but as an appalling video recorder it's both too long and of inadequate quality to justify placing here).

The sun is now beckoning me outside so I shall wind up.

No comments: